Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Chicago Bears Thoughts

The Bears won their last two games and finished 10-6 but still missed the playoffs. If was a second year in a row and 4th time in the last 5 years. The decision to fire Lovie Smith was not surprising. I support the decision because I think there needs to be more accountability for the failures of the last two years.

I do believe that Lovie is a great coach and should be a head coach again. He is a players' coach and his no nonsense style is great for eliminating drama. I think he would be great for a team like San Diego or Arizona. I do not think he would be good in Philly. The reason is that the fan base in Philly likes drama and wants a coach who is demonstative.

As for the Bears, I'd like to see them keep their defensive coaches in place. I wouldn't mind seeing a new offensive system brought in. My favorite choice at this point would be Dave Toub, who is the current Special Teams coach for the Bears. I'd like to see him hired and for him to bring in a new set of offensive coaches. My second favorite choice is Mike McCoy the current offensive coordinator in Denver.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger j, k, and s's d said...

They were what I thought they were.

Lovie is a decent coach. He can keep the peace.

Will be tough for the Pears as they shift to yet another offensive system. Jeff George II is an even bigger arse than Jeff George I.

The defense is aging. Will be interesting to see what they do with the aging/oft injured/slower Urlacher. Briggs, Peanut, and Peepers are all older.

Need to address the line. Looked clear that Forte was frustrated. There are some decent players on the team but they are part of the mediocre middle right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home