NFL Thoughts after 1 Week
There is so much hype and craziness after one week in the NFL. The teams that won are all going to the Super Bowl and the teams that lost have major problems. Here are my top five stories after week 1.
1. Pittsburgh may be in trouble. They could not run the ball at all and struggled mightily on offense. They lost Pouncey and Foote - two key veteran players and don't seem to have an NFL running back on their team.
2. The AFC North teams all lost - Ravens, Cincy, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland. Cincy probably played the best of the bunch, but who knows what is going to happen. I think the Ravens and Pittsburgh are a little worse this year from a personnel standpoint. Cleveland is better - but their QB situation may be trouble. Cincy should probably win the division.
3. The flying Chip Kellies in Philly will be interesting to watch. They are unique, and they pretty much destroyed the Redskins in the first half. The second half they seemed to slow down, but it is hard to tell if it was a function of taking their foot off the gas (they seemed to run much more in the second half), or playing prevent defense and allowing points. My view is that Vick will get hurt in a few weeks and Foles won't be as effective. I also fully expect defenses to catch up to the tendencies of Chip Kelly. By mid year we'll see how effective the offense really is.
4. Jacksonville should sign Tim Tebow. That franchise has very little going for it and the way they got carved up by KC at home is messed up. There were no fans left early in the fourth quarter. Tebow will sell tickets and may be able to generate some excitement.
5. Colin Kaepernick and Peyton Manning are really good. Both exploded this week and it is tough for me to decide who was better. They have to be the favorites to meet in the Super Bowl after week 1.