Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Lovie Smith to Coach the Tampa Bay Bucs

OK, I don't have any inside information, but this would be a great hire. Schiano won't be the coach next year. It is very clear that the locker room hates him. Frankly, if I were the Bucs management, I would cut my losses right now and do what I can to bring in Lovie Smith.

Say what you want about Lovie, but he is a player's coach who knows D and who is well respected around the NFL. He could quickly fix the locker room problems that exist and could get far more out of the somewhat talented, but completely underperforming, Bucs players. I hope it happens because I think Lovie is a very good coach.

3 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger j, k, and s's d said...

Sure, and he can bring in Shawn Moore, Herman Moore, Chase Minnifield, Bob Avellini, Dick Butkus, Roland Harper, Suey, Covert, and every other former Pear and yaHOO as I know that is what you want and think can work.

Actually, Lovie wouldn't be a bad choice. He's a solid coach and would be a big change from the hard line tactics of Schiano (again, I find it funny that the complaints about Schiano were what he was being commended for last season). Lovie is also familiar with TB.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Rob said...

There is nothing wrong with being a disciplinarian, but the guy is a nut. He wants to control everything - right down to the thermostat settings in the Bucs' facilities (literally).

That level of control works in college on young men, but it doesn't fly with grown men who earn a lot of money and have families and outside lives.

I'd like to see Lovie back in the NFL and think Tampa would be a great spot for both him and the team.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger j, k, and s's d said...

Not sure if Schiano went nuts in the offseason but again, he was being praised for his style last season and this season he is being condemned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home